Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dressler Williamburg

Dressler is not the kind of place you expect to find in Williamsburg.  There is a complete lack of skinny jeans, there are not a million fixed gear bikes locked up outside, and you will see zero raybans.  Dressler feels more like a transplanted uptown restaurant then a local favorite.  Located just across form the famous Peter Lugar's, Dressler is a restaurant not to be missed.  I recently had the chance to eat there and let me say it was one of the finest meals I've ever had in Brooklyn.  The menu is pretty much French, or at least French inspired.  I started with pan roasted scallops, which were perfectly cooked to just the right softness, and drizzled with white truffle oils.  For my main course I hit up the dove, thats right dove.  People in New York may have some second thoughts about ordering what is essentially a pigeon (I noticed that this entree has since been removed form the menu) but this was one of the most unique experiences i've had in a restaurant.  First off they didn't try and disguise what it is, your presented with pretty much the entire bird minus head.  The shit looks a little gross, I'm not going to lie.  Birds (especially doves) have this whole image as being pure, beautiful, symbols of peace, etc, and here was a lightly fried one on my plate.  Good thing it was delicious, the bird had been cooked in such a way that the skin had been thoroughly crisped, while the insides were still moist enough to not dry out your mouth, yet not overly moist as to be squishy or too soft.  This joint ain't cheap, it's probably one of the most expensive places in Brooklyn, get someone to take you there for your birthday           

No comments:

Post a Comment