Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rules of Bumming Vol 9: Hood Ass Cocktails (mom don't read this)


This could potentially be the dumbest thing I've ever posted... Throughout high school I've found myself in the unique position of being a drinks snob and a bum at the same time. I can't stand piss water, and I'm always (to the disgust of party goers) putting things in my drinks to make them bearable to me. Here are some favorites for you to try or laugh at

1.The Soho Loft (props to Cole): Bear with me on this, chocolate milk, plus whiskey. If you want to be really classy use a powdered mix like ovaltine. Most people can't stand the strong stuff, and a little dairy is the perfect way to cut the after burn. Fill a mug about half way with chocolate milk and add the equivalent of a shot of Whiskey, stir well and drink quickly since you don't want the milk to curdle. (Sam F is grinding his teeth in anger at this drink)


2.Brass Monkey: I find that dousing your malt liquor with a healthy amount of OJ makes it go down much easier in what the West Coast has dubbed the brass monkey. Malt Liquor is characterized by a flat bland taste, and the citrus in Oj really helps it go down. In fact OJ is really good to put in anything. If your lacking in OJ squeeze a whole lemon or lime into the bottle. Good ratio: 15 oz OJ to every 40oz malt liquor.

3.Gimel faced: Ouzo and ice.

4.Sue's House: Coors light (or equally flavorless watery beer) and pellegrino lemonciata. This is the grossest sounding one because it involves mixing beer. I made this once at a party and some dick had the nerve to tell me I was ruining the integrity of the beer. With apology to the defenders of Coors Light, the beer has no integrity to begin with and even less taste, so it's perfect for mixing. It's also really flat, which is why I recommend mixing it with something like pellegrino lemonciata for both taste and fizz. An alternative would be a little seltzer and some lemon or even seltzer and OJ.

Lastly make sure everything is cold. A bad beer will taste ten times worse at room temperature.

once again this is totally ridiculous

No comments:

Post a Comment