Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where to get your King of Brunch on

After 3 of my least classy posts in recent memory I decided it was time to sit down and write something serious. Today I'm going to talk to you about brunch, the underrated love child of lunch and breakfast. I'm surprised that more teenagers haven't embraced brunch, considering it starts at around 10 when most of us wake up on weekends anyway. I'm a big fan of the hearty breakfast, and considering the increased girth of brunch, which often includes things like skirt steak and biscuits, it suits my tastes perfectly. For good steak and eggs I recommend The Breslin on west 29th st. It's not cheap, at 17$ a brunch, but the steak is cooked perfectly, with a nice outer char, and the eggs, while not fantastic, are good enough to justify the price. If you prefer to gather your own brunch instead of going out for it, buttermilk biscuits are a must. Forget the pilsburry and go to Clinton street Baking co or Cafe Pedler, which are both located on the same block of Clinton st. I honestly can't decide which spot sells better biscuits, both are very good, while maybe the Clinton St. Baking Co. has a slight edge in terms of consistency. Both bisctus carry considerable heft, and at 2$ a pop they can be paired with butter, jam, eggs, or bacon, for a complete breakfast or brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment