Monday, April 27, 2009

Come for the taco's, Stay for the diarrhea


I recently came across a listing in New York Magazine that 3 "professional eaters" (losers) will attempt to eat a thirty six foot long taco on May 5th at Grand Central Stations Zocalo. The first thing I thought about was the massive case of the runs that these pros are undoubtedly going to receive for their endeavor. Let me start by saying that I like Mexican food. Mexican food to me is basically comfort food, cheese, meat, avocado, sour cream, in a easy to hold bun. I may be grossly over simplifying Mexican food here, but I like to call Mexican food the herpes of food, because its fun to get but not fun to have. The truth is I cannot thoroughly enjoy Mexican food because it wrecks my fragile digestive system. Nothing ruins a mood like enjoying a good meal and then running to he potty. The break down of my past trip to Mexico was pretty much as follows: 10% travel time, 10% shopping time, 30% sightseeing time, 50% toilet time. This condition is not helped by the huge servings that most NYC Mexican places give, and the fatty low quality ingredients they use. I wish the city had some fine dining joints from our friends South of the border, but if there is a gourmet Mexican place in nyc, one that uses fresh ingredients and moderate portions, I haven't found it. If such a place does exist let me know about it.

A conversation I had with a girl in my school regarding Mexican Swine Flu
Me: you went to a Mexican place? hope you dont get swine flu.
Girl: Oh my God how do you get that?
Me: Touching Mexicans
Girl: Shit i'm fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment