Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rules of Bumming Vol 1: Cup of Water/ Speak your clout.


So I'd like to start off what will hopefully become a regular series on ODR, Rules of Bumming.  Allow me to explain:  As I said before my budget an my taste buds often do not compute, so I've devised a few tips maximizing your change at restaurants and fast-food joints.  

1.  This is really a golden rule, become a regular.  This works more at cafes and sit down places then in fast food joints, where the staff changes constantly (who wants to work at a fast food joint).  If you become a familiar face and manage to develop relationships with the workers they might start doing favors.  No one is gonna comp your meal, but you might get the big cookie, or maybe thell turn the other way when your a dollar short.  The guys ay my local sandwich shop usually throw in a bag of chips on the house for me, and anyone whose ever gone to Cindy's knows what being a regular can get you (FREE EDAMOMI).     

2.  Praise due to my friend L Jones for popularizing this one.  Whenever your at a place where drinks are served by giving you a cup and allowing you to fill it up with your drink of choice from a  machine, always ask for water.  Free cups of water must legally be given upon request by restaurants, so when you say "oh ill just have a cup of water," turn around and fill that cup up with as much soda as you want.  Some people might cringe at the illegality of this but I have never once been called out, and who wants water when you can drink suicide juice.        

No comments:

Post a Comment