Sunday, April 26, 2009

Zucker's Bagels&Smoked Fish Tribeca


The other day I had the opportunity to eat at a highly recommended bagel joint just off broadway on Chambers Street.  Zuckers is known for both its quality bagels and its quality toppings so I had high expectations going in.  The menu is standard Bagel shop fare, which is fine.  I ordered a poppyseed bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon.  Price of my Bagel: one dollar, Price of my bagel once I added smoked salmon: 12.05 after tax, ouch.  Fish is pricey these days cause the Japanese dont know when to stop killing our swimming friends, so this was to be expected, but it still put a dent in my wallet.  Luckily they didn't skimp on the fish, I got several generous layers of thinly sliced smoked salmon on my nicely sized Bagel.  The bagel was forgettable, but still very good, where this place shines is with its fish, which, considering what I paid, was thankfully very flavorful and rich.  The place does have some other menu options such as sandwiches and soups but none of them came recommended and they were expensive.  I've since heard that if you want a real quality bagel you should take a trip to a place called Murray's Bagels, but Zucker's fish will certainly be hard to top.  
           

No comments:

Post a Comment