Sunday, June 14, 2009

benihana tyler perry drama


Let me just say this review isnt about the food, reviewing Benihana for the food is like reviewing Applebees for the food . Recently my boy got a gift card to Benihana, or as they call them Benigrams (seriously).  The card was for 50$, too much for one man to spend at the joint so he nicely invited me along.  I'm always skeptical of places which rely on entertainment to sell food, but I wasn't about to turn down a free meal, and hibachi cuisine when done right can actually be quite good.  Since its not economical for the chef to cook for just two people we were seated with a huge family which spread out over two tables.  These people (YOU PEOPLE?!) walked straight out of barbershop 5.  Before the chef arrived each of them sent back their daiquiri for extra shots, needless to say I was a little uncomfortable but as the lady next to me said "dont haaatee."  Our chef arrived, his name was Roy and he was Indian, I was a little jealous because the other table got a chef named yoshi and he was Japanese (the country where Hibachi originates from).  Roy started to do his thing, chopping onions real fast and making volcanos.  The family was quite impressed, "he is a gangster" the dad proclaimed, "we got a chef over here."  The yoshi table wasn't gonna take that "awww nooo our chef is doing his thang over here," they shouted.  Honestly I have no idea what they said next but to me it sounded like "whoeehhh in dis in got the real clean look withadat knifing shit inthis grill joint."  If you can understand this you could have understood that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b61D0lSw2TY   .   Having your food made in front of you at this place shows you how shity it is.  Roy slapped some nice looking pieces of chicken on the grill, drenched them in soy sauce, slapped on a wad of garlic butter, and then cut them up really fast all the while banging on the grill and shouting "oh yehhhhh, ohheyyyehhhhhhhhh."  My friend got the steak which was so undercooked I had to spit it out when i tried a piece (which is hard to do when the chef is in front of you).  The family around me got the fried rice which actually looked very good, but unfortunately I couldn't try any.  I was pretty disappointed in Roy.  Gangster status aside he mainly just slapped the table and yelled oh yeh, instead of concentrating on cooking our food.  Whatever despite the horrible amounts of sauce in my chicken I enjoyed it, im not a hater.    

No comments:

Post a Comment